Wordpress Commentracker was a WordPress plugin designed to keep record of all the comments left on other blogs.
[ Notas en castellano en la web ] [ Notes en catala a la web ]
This plugin is based on CommenTracker script by Sergio Alvarez (xergio) [ http://xergio.net/ ]
Commentracker is a script for managing your Distributed Conversations across the blogosphere. It means it is a way to save a local copy of all the comments you post on other blogs.
Wordpress Commentracker integrates CommenTracker into WordPress and saves your comments into a category of your choice, taking advantatge of the advanced capabilities of WordPress as Blogging Platform (archives, themes, search engine, plugins...)
Author: Joan Junyent Tarrida (-). Contributors: jjunyent
Created on 2007-03-16 and last updated on 2007-08-08 2:48pm GMT. Downloaded 780 times and rated -% by - users.
Download (Version 0.1.1 requires 2.0, tested with 2.1).
- Download the files and extract them.
- Create a category where you want to place the comments.
- Edit the variables you will find on wp_ct_plugin.php.
- Change the category-x.php template to the corresponding category number (eg. category-21.php). If you do not use the default theme you will may have to adapt or create a new template.
- Upload it through FTP to the server where your Wordpress blog is hosted.
- wp_commentracker.php should go to the root of your wordpress installation. In the same dir of /wp-config.php
- wpct_plugin.php should go to the plugins folder /wp-content/plugins/
- category-x.php should go to your theme folder eg. /wp-content/themes/default/
- Activate it through the plugin management screen.
Create a bookmarklet in your Firefox (if you do not use Firefox just look how your browser works) with the following location:
Now it's ready to be used.
v0.1 = Initial release.
Image credits: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aaronpk/5352508316/