Dublin Core for WP was a WordPress plugin designed to set-up the number of comments per page shown in the admin area.
Adds the following Dublin Core metadata elements to posts and pages:
- Site name as DC.publisher
- Site URL as DC.publisher.url
- Post title as DC.title
- Permalink as DC.identifier
- Date created as DC.date.created
- Author (last name, first name) as DC.creator.name
- Categories and tags as DC.subject (repeated element, excludes default category)
- If WordPress 2.1 or higher, DC.language
- If license is set, DC.rights.license
- Author name as DC.rights.rightsHolder
An admin screen under Settings->DC4WP allows the user to set a global content license.
Author: Tim McCormack, Salvatore Vassallo, Joan Junyent, Alex Oberhauser (-). Contributors: -
Created on 2009-07-13 and last updated on 2010-07-14 7:39pm GMT. Downloaded 8420 times and rated -% by - users.
Download (Version 0.7.2 requires 2.1, tested with 3.0.5).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Assign a content license URL (if desired) under Settings->DC4WP
- Add check for missing tags. This prevents a bug where pages sometimes throw an error due to not having tags. (Working on reproducing this.)
- Added DC.date redundancy
- Added some redundant unqualified DC terms for Zotero compatibility
- Change DC.creator to DC.creator.name (make room for other creator info), use last-name-first format
- Add tags to the DC.subject list (finally!)
- Change DC.subject from semicolon-delimited list to repeated tag (thanks, Alex Oberhauser!)
- Defaut category excluded from DC.subject
- DC.rights.license and DC.rights.rightsHolder
- Admin screen allowing user to set the license (saved to DB)
- Reorganization and code cleanup
- Salvatore Vassallo adds DC.creator and DC.subject
- First version.